TechConnect Announces Winners of the 2013 National Innovation Awards for presentation in Washington DC National Innovation Summit Next Week
Winners to showcase their award-winning technologies at next week’s National Innovation Summit & Showcase, just outside Washington, D.C., at the Gaylord National Convention Center, May 12-16.
For program and registration information, visit: nationalinnovationsummit.com
WASHINGTON, May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — TechConnect is proud to announce the 2013 winners of the National Innovation Awards, an annual awards program focused on identifying top early-stage technologies through an industry-based vetting system of TechConnect corporate and investment partners. Innovations are submitted from academic technology transfer offices, early-stage companies, small business innovative research (SBIR) awardees, and government and corporate research laboratories. All Awardees will be presenting their technologies at the National Innovation Summit at the Gaylord National Convention Center, just outside of Washington D.C., May 12-16, 2013.
TechConnect is jointly hosting three world-class innovation-to-commercialization events during the week of May 12-16 at the Gaylord Convention Center, including the National SBIR Conference (May 14-16), the National Innovation Summit & Showcase and the 16th annual TechConnect World. To view the complete list of National Innovation Award Winners presenting to these three co-located innovation events, visit:
The full program includes:
- Over 50 Federal Funding Agencies in one-on-one partnering programs.
- More than 200 pre-vetted innovations from around the world
- Multinational Corporate Partners, including BASF, Bayer MaterialScience, Boeing, Capewell, Ingersoll Rand, MeadWestvaco, Momentive, SABIC, Shell, SK Innovation, and more!
- Over 1,000 Innovative Speakers Including,
- Sharon Burke Department of Defense, Assistant Secretary Operational Energy
- Todd Park, CTO, The White House
- Leo Christodoulou, The Boeing Company
- Bart Gordon, Former Congressman (TN), K&L Gates
- Congressman Randy Hultgren (IL)
- Robert D. Atkinson, Information Technology & Innovation Foundation
- Jens Rieger, BASF Technology Incubation
- Omid Farokhzad, Harvard Medical School
“On behalf of the TechConnect community, we congratulate the winners of the National Innovation Awards, and we look forward to a true celebration of American and global innovation next week in Washington DC,” notes Dr. Matthew Laudon, CEO of TechConnect. “The annual National Innovation Awards honor the most promising innovations across multiple industrial sectors, and we are pleased to have them all join us next week at the world’s largest technology-to-marketplace event.”
About TechConnect (www.techconnect.org):
TechConnect is a global technology outreach & development organization. Through our innovative programs and conferences, we deliver the most promising technologies to the world’s top corporate, investment, and government professionals. TechConnect is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Danville, California.
Jennifer Rocha, TechConnect